Many industrial processes produce hot gas waste that may only be discharged into the environment after being filtered. The main aim here is to retain a large proportion of the particles by means of mechanical filtration.
The fiber is important
However, since exhaust gas temperatures of up to 240 °C are common in gas filtration, conventional filter media can no longer be used due to their low temperature stability. Filter media based on high-performance fibers such as aramids, polyimides (PI) or polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) are therefore required. In most applications, chemical resistance is also required, since the exhaust gases are often composed of a large number of different chemical components. Norafin offers concrete solutions for these sometimes highly complex fields of application.
Our filter media perform
- high-temperature-resistant, stable pleats, various fiber materials, support structures & finishings
- homogenous surface and excellent fiber density
- optimized material thickness leads to higher filter area by the same size
- power generation (gas turbines)
- industrial waste and biomass incineration